Juniper Berry Essential Oil-Free-Sample
- Botanical name: Juniperus communis
- Country of origin: India
- Extraction method: Steam distilled
- Plant part: Berry
- Aroma: Warm, spicy, pungent
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to light yellow
- Blends well with: Balsam Fir, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Chamomile, Cypress, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Laurel, Lavender, Orange, Tea Tree
Steam distilled from the needles and berries of the woody coniferous shrub, this oil delivers a medium middle fragrance note that is fresh, sweet, woody and green with balsamic undertones. Well known as the predominant flavor in gin, its berries are prized for many culinary applications, commonly used to flavor sauces and for meat rubs. As an essential oil, its common use is as an insect repellant and an air purifier, but it also has excellent antiseptic and astringent qualities when used topically. Use well-diluted in carrier oil to prevent wounds from infection and sepsis or to ease muscle pain, increase body heat to rid the skin of toxins and to stimulate circulation.
- Anti inflammatory
- Diffuse 2-3 drops per 100ml of water to reduce tension, purify the air and heighten a meditative state
- Add 1-2 drops to facial cleanser to balance dry, oily or combination skin
- Soothe insect bites when diluted in carrier oil
- Dilute 2-5 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil and apply to abdomen to soothe indegstion Can also be applied on joint, muscle, and bone pain due to injury or arthritis
On the recommendation of the International Federation of Aromatherapists, TruGardens does not endorse taking essential oils internally unless specifically directed and prescribed by a qualified healthcare practitioner who is also trained in clinical aromatherapy. Avoid using during pregnancy, or if you suspect you might be pregnant, except on the advice of a qualified practitioner. Store all essential oil products safely out of reach of children. Essential oils are potent, and a little bit goes a long way. Do not use essential oils undiluted directly on the skin as they can cause irritation. Keep away from children, and do not apply near the eyes, mucous membranes, sensitive or broken skin. Every individual reacts differently to essential oils: Always perform a ‘test patch’ properly diluted in carrier oil to determine sensitivity. This statement has not been approved, assessed or otherwise endorsed by the FDA. TruGardens does not in any way support the use of these products for the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease.