Clove Bud Essential Oil-Free-Sample
- Botanical name: Eugenia caryophyllata
- Country of origin: Indonesia
- Extraction method: Steam distilled
- Plant part: Buds
- Aroma: Spice
- Consistency: Medium
- Color: Pale yellow to yellow
- Blends well with: Cinnamon Bark, Citronella, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rose, Tangerine, Tea Tree
Steam distilled from the buds of a slender, aromatic evergreen tree, clove bud essential oil presents as a clear, colorless and lightweight liquid with a medium to strong middle note. It exhibits warm and pronounced woody, herbaceous and spicy clove aromas. As this oil will thicken with age and gradually darken with exposure to air, it is recommended that it be stored in a cool dark place. Most commonly associated with dental remedies and prized for its pain-relieving qualities, it is known to establish a serene atmosphere, boost alertness, ease cold symptoms and lift the spirits during cold winter months. Also excellent as an insect repellent.
- Anti inflammatory
- Digestive issues
- Insect repellent
- Boosts mood
- Diffuse 2-3 drops per 100ml of water to support a healthy immune system
- Blend with Ginger, Orange, and Cinnamon Bark and diffuse during winter holidays for a seasonal aroma
- Add 2-3 drops to a tablespoon of carrier oil and massage to ease stiff joints
Create an odor absorbing carpet powder:
- Add 10 drops of Clove Bud and 5 drops Cinnamon Bark to 1 cup of baking soda
- Stir powder, making sure oils are well combined
- Pour powder into a shaker jar (a cleaned out parmasean cheese container works)
- Sprinkle powder over carpet and let sit 15 minutes then vacuum
On the recommendation of the International Federation of Aromatherapists, TruGardens does not endorse taking essential oils internally unless specifically directed and prescribed by a qualified healthcare practitioner who is also trained in clinical aromatherapy. Avoid using during pregnancy, or if you suspect you might be pregnant, except on the advice of a qualified practitioner. Store all essential oil products safely out of reach of children. Essential oils are potent, and a little bit goes a long way. Do not use essential oils undiluted directly on the skin as they can cause irritation. Keep away from children, and do not apply near the eyes, mucous membranes, sensitive or broken skin. Every individual reacts differently to essential oils: Always perform a ‘test patch’ properly diluted in carrier oil to determine sensitivity.
This statement has not been approved, assessed or otherwise endorsed by the FDA. TruGardens does not in any way support the use of these products for the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease.