Citronella Essential Oil-Free-Sample
- Botanical name: Cymbopogon winterianus
- Country of origin: Indonesia
- Extraction method: Steam distilled
- Plant part: Grass
- Aroma: Lemony, subtle wood
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Yellow to brownish
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Bark, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Pine
Stream distillation of the leaves of this perennial grass produces a lightweight liquid, pale yellow to light amber in color with a medium strength top note and a soft, lemony citrus aroma with woody tones. Most often used as a topical or environmentally-deployed insect repellent, it also has astringent and deodorant properties when used in cosmetic preparations like soap, lotions or room sprays. Promotes relaxation and freshens the air in your environment, lending a distinctive woodsy, lemony scent that is immediately uplifting and cleansing to the spirit. Balances the mood and revitalizes energy levels, it is said to reduce joint pain and inflammation as well as balance the digestive tract.
- Detoxifier and deoderizer
- Anti inflammatory
- Insect repellent
- Respiratory congestion
- Digestive problems
- Stimulates circulation
- Diffuse with Cinnamon Bark to cleanse the air during cold and flu season
- Add 2-3 drops to teaspoon carrier oil and apply topically or add 10-15 drops to 4 oz. water and spray over entire body for a natural mosquito repellent
On the recommendation of the International Federation of Aromatherapists, TruGardens does not endorse taking essential oils internally unless specifically directed and prescribed by a qualified healthcare practitioner who is also trained in clinical aromatherapy. Avoid using during pregnancy, or if you suspect you might be pregnant, except on the advice of a qualified practitioner. Store all essential oil products safely out of reach of children. Essential oils are potent, and a little bit goes a long way. Do not use essential oils undiluted directly on the skin as they can cause irritation. Keep away from children, and do not apply near the eyes, mucous membranes, sensitive or broken skin. Every individual reacts differently to essential oils: Always perform a ‘test patch’ properly diluted in carrier oil to determine sensitivity.
This statement has not been approved, assessed or otherwise endorsed by the FDA. TruGardens does not in any way support the use of these products for the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease.