Bergamot Essential Oil-Free-Sample
- Botanical name: Citrus bergamia
- Country of origin: Italy
- Extraction method: Cold pressed
- Plant part: Fruit peel
- Aroma: Sweet citrus fruit, with a warm spicy floral quality
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Light yellowish green to yellowish brown
- Blends well with: Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Orange, Rosemary, Sage, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Tangerine, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang
Bergamot essential oil is cold-pressed from the peel of the citrus fruit of the Bergamot tree. It produces a thin, light yellow-green to yellow-brown liquid with a medium top note. The aromas are warm, spicy and citrusy, with a sweet, fruity and slightly floral aroma. Known for its calming and soothing effects in aromatherapy and for its ability to invigorate the skin and psyche during therapeutic massage. Best for clearing the air within the home with its fresh, citrus scent. Ease yourself into a peaceful sleep, boost the immune system, or blend with other essential oils for a fragrant and uplifting environment. ***Bergamot Essential Oil has phototoxic properties and exposure to the sun must be avoided for 12-24 hours after topical application to the skin.
- Insect bites
- Oily skin
- Skin infection
- Diffuse 2-3 drops per 100ml of water for a relaxing atmosphere
- Add 4-6 drops to a teaspoon carrier oil to apply topically for an uplifting massage
- Inhale directly from bottle to relieve stress and reduce symptoms of depression
- Add a few drops to a palmful of shower gel to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits
- For fever: add several drops to a glass bowl of cold water, soak a wash cloth in the bowl and wring out, apply to forehead or back of neck
The International Federation of Aromatherapists states that essential oils are not recommended to be taken internally unless under the direct supervision of a medical practitioner who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy. This statement has not been approved or evaluated by the FDA. TruGardens does not in any way endorse the use of these products for the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease.
Essential oils are potent, and a little bit goes a long way. Do not use essential oils undiluted directly on the skin as they can cause irritation. Keep away from children, and do not apply near the eyes, mucous membranes, sensitive or broken skin. Every individual reacts differently to essential oils: Always perform a ‘test patch’ properly diluted in carrier oil to determine sensitivity. Avoid using when pregnant except on the advice of a qualified practitioner, as outlined above.